Hawaiian Volcano Observatory + Snow Report Apps for WP7
July 21, 2010 1 Comment
Nicolas Humann has been working on two applications for the Windows Phone 7 platform. The first, Hawaiian Volcano Observatory, is an application allows users to retrieve images and data regarding earthquakes and and eruption maps. The application also has:
- Watch the news update with pictures
- See the eruption map and all webcams with deepzoom
- A deep zoom composer from the website pictures
- List of the earthquakes and maps
- Multi language, the text is automated translated with Microsoft Translator 2 API
- Data are provided from a WCF data services
- All data are cached with absolute and/or sliding expiration
- The background of the panorama change automatically every week, which is downloaded from his website.
The second application is designed for the skiers amongst use. Snow Report for French Ski Resorts allows you to find out what the weather is like, quality of snow and even uses the GPS to let you know the closest ski resorts to your position. Nicolas has a blog which can be seen here. The blog is is French, but a translated version (to English) can be found here – via the magic of Bing Translatior.
Videos of both applications can be seen below
Thanks to MobileTechWorld for the heads up
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory