What is Windows Phone 7 Series?
June 26, 2010 Leave a comment
Incase you haven’t heard of it, WP7 is the new Windows Mobile operating system from Microsoft. Gizmodo posted an article introducing the main features of the phone and its glossy new layout. Check it out here.
Not in the mood to read about it? Check out a few vids:
Looking pretty slick, right?
On top of that, MS have released a set of minimum hardware requirements that device manufacturers have to adhere to. The advantage to developers is that they can be sure of what features will definitely exist on their user’s device and, in turn, develop higher quality applications. The minimum requirements are (from Wiki):
- Capacitive, 4-point multitouch screen
- 1 GHz ARM v7 “Cortex/Scorpion” or better processor
- DirectX9 rendering-capable GPU
- 256MB of RAM with at least 8GB of Flash memory
- Accelerometer with compass, light, proximity sensor and A-GPS
- 5-megapixel camera or better with flash
- FM radio tuner
- 5 dedicated hardware buttons – back, Start, search, camera, and power
Quite a nice piece of kit – and that’s the minimum requirements!