Want a development device?
June 26, 2010 Leave a comment
Some of you may have heard that MS are shipping a limited number of development devices next month. Naturally, there’s a high demand for these so you need to really stand out and show MS why they should lend you one of their devices. The guy in charge of this, Brandon Watson (his blog Many Niches is in the blog roll), posted a post a week ago (before Phone 7 was created) explaining a few steps that would give you a better chance of being of the developers to get a device. The main points listed are below, but you can read the entire article here.
Ways To Get Noticed By The Windows Phone 7 Team
1) Get the tools and start building apps – asking for a phone without any kind of app development in place is not going to get it done. If you need ideas, go to our site where customers are posting app ideas for apps they want. As of this writing, there’s almost 1,000 app ideas up there.
2) Blog about your development progress. Screenshots and videos help a lot. So do tips and tricks on how to do amazing things on the platform. The important thing here is to share what you know with the rest of the community. Those who share are engendering much love from us.
3) Tag your posts with “Windows Phone 7 Development” or “wp7dev” so that we, and other developers, can find you.
3) Build something which extends the platform and can be used by other developers. Being developer friendly is top form.
4) Post videos of your app running in the emulator to youtube.
5) Register in the Windows Phone Marketplace. When we know your Marketplace ID, it’s a lot easier to find you and get you a phone. Besides, to unlock your developer device, you are going to have to register anyway, so might as well get it out of the way now.